SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Networking) is a metamorphic approach that simplifies Enterprise wide office networking and ensures optimal application performance by simplifying networks between multiple locations. It is a network that assists WAN infrastructure to quickly deploy additional offices at faster pace, with reduced operational costs, and prioritize critical applications over others.
As a technology, SD-WAN uses broadband connections for non-critical traffic to replace more expensive solutions like MPLS, Leased Line, etc. It also provides added advantage by provisioning connectivity and services to the cloud with more flexibility.
Key Business Advantages for an enterprise
- Focus on Core Business - Focus on your core business, offload complex per-site configurations.
- Applications Delivery - Used for premium business services such as dynamic VPN, WAN optimization, and application delivery control.
- Scalability to Rural locations - Internet connectivity is available where leased line and MPLS is non-feasible
- Cost Cutting - Internet circuits are cheaper than private MPLS WANs and Leased lines.
- Reliable Solutions - better path selection, link issues identification, Traffic control, zero-touch deployment, business and security policy setting, and cloud-VPN.
- Transparency & Control - Complete visibility & control, improved and secured Internet connectivity
- Analyse Network - Takes one week to install, helps you to prioritize and analyse your network.
- Cloud First – Expedite cloud integration and helps enterprise cloud journey
Is SD-WAN better choice over traditional WAN?
Traditional WAN solutions find it hard to keep up with the rapid rise in WAN traffic. This can result in data vulnerability, data management challenges, and impact application performance. On top, if a business is using applications in multiple clouds, it could lead to risks and compliance issues. Lastly there is a huge impact on costs when an organization plans to expand, and add locations. With traditional WAN, every location will require feasibility study for leased line or MPLS availability and purchase of additional hardware.
- Now erase geographic boundaries and offer enhanced visibility, scalability, performance, and control
- No more bandwidth penalties, upgrade quickly, and no changes are necessary to infrastructure or the network
- Take advantage of mix and match network links according to priority, choose broadband or 4G links instead of the expensive MPLS network for low priority traffic, thus bringing down costs while ensuring faster connectivity
- Get excellent security as SD-WAN provides end-to-end encryption. With software-defined security all endpoints and devices are thoroughly authenticated
- Lower circuit costs as SD-WAN helps get user traffic closer to cloud services, unlike traditional architecture, wherein traffic typically routes back to the data centres
- Simplify Quality of Service and a real-time traffic monitoring to prioritize critical applications that are critical to the business
- Support applications that require high-bandwidth with ease
- Simplify network management with centralized, inbuilt lifecycle management
- Simplify policy creation and deployment of application performance-based routing to meet SLAs for business-critical and real-time applications
- Work with internet centric and cloud-based application and infrastructure, providing optimal user experience for SaaS and IaaS applications
- SD-WAN the standard for an enterprise WAN
- Analyse traffic with centralised for capacity planning and root case identification of WAN performance issues