India’s leading Natural Gas Distribution Company chooses Cloudxchange.io as a trusted partner for Disaster Recovery on Amazon Web Services
Disaster Recovery as a service for leading Natural Gas Distribution Company with application stack including custom monolithic & Oracle enterprise applications on Windows and Linux platform with 30 TB of data.
Third Party Tools Used :
- Double Take Disaster Recovery.
- Third Party Monitoring using Site 24 x 7.
- Incident management using Fresh Service.
Challenges and Roadblocks :
As a public sector company, customer depends on,
- Constant availability of its back-end applications.
- Enterprise-level disaster recovery solution that could achieve rapid recovery while also meeting their budgetary requirements.
- FAR DR in a different seismic zone replacing their nearby secondary data center.
- Achieve enterprised-level disaster recovery within their
- Expand disaster recovery strategy to meet company’s quickly growing customer volumes.
- Failover to older point in time in cases of server corruptions or cyberattacks.
- Failback to primary data center without disruption or data loss.
Disaster recovery as a service in AWS Mumbai Region.
Below would be the functional overview of the solution,
- Creation of Windows and Linux replication servers in the target region.
- Separate VPC will be configure for servers within AWS DC.
- AWS direct connect will be configured for private point to point connectivity for MPLS network.
- Double Take DR will be used for replication of server images from primary site to DR site.
- Double Take DR replicates entire server image including OS, Application & Data to destination server at DR site.
- All windows will be replicated to single windows server on AWS.
- Linux server will be replicated to single Linux server on AWS.
- Replication will be done in near real time.
- Subsequently all incremental data will be replicated online using double take DR tool.
Logical Architecture for DoubleTake :
Why Amazon Web Services :
- Amazon web services is a pioneer in the field of open source technological integrations.
- Having multiple availability zones was a perfect fit.
- Customer needed to Reduced time to scale from months to minutes.
- Disaster-recovery capabilities and Improved uptime.
- Segregation of workloads into multiple accounts for additional layer of access management.
Third Party Tools Used :
Following services have been used in AWS cloud,
- Amazon Identity and access management.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
- AWS Simple Storage Service.
- AWS Cloudwatch and CloudTrail.
- AWS Direct Connect.
The Benefits & Outcome :
- Quick and easy continuous replication of data center applications into AWS.
- On-demand disaster recovery solution that provisions servers only when disaster strikes.
- Sub-second recovery point objectives(RPOs) to be achieve.
- Recovery time objectives (RTO) of minutes.
- Granulates Point-in-time recovery.
- Primary AWS services used: Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, AWS Direct Connect.
- OS-level continuous replication of all overloads and applications.
About the Partner :
- Cloudxchange.io is an Advanced consulting partner in Amazon web service (AWS) Partner network (APN).
- Our wide range of Cloud based offerings with comprehensive services and cost-effective approach will help you meet your technology and business objectives.
- Cloudxchange.io Managed Services for public clouds delivers 24 x 7 monitoring and management services by experienced administrators who are experts in supporting public cloud environments. As an official technology partners with leading public cloud service providers, we provide the much-needed technical support complimenting the infrastructure and support provided by leading public cloud service providers.
- With Cloudxchange.io Managed Services, you can rest assured knowing that your cloud infrastructure is fully managed and optimized for your business needs. Cloudxchange.io provides expert technical support with pay-as-you go managed services and improved ROI on your cloud investments.