Customer Name: Magic Bus India Foundation
Use Case: Microsoft Dynamics Navision Migration from On-Premises Migration to AWS.
Technology Solutions involved: Windows, Amazon Web Service(AWS), MS SQL Server
Tool Used: AWS cloud Services ( EC2, EBS, S3 ), MS SQL DB, Double take for migration
Platform: Window servers, MS SQL Std
About Magic Bus :
Magic Bus India Foundation is an NGO non profit organization by enabling children to complete secondary education, and skilling young people to be in jobs, we are helping move a generation out of the vicious cycle of poverty. Founded by Matthew Spacie in 1999, Magic Bus equips children and young people in the age group of 12 to 18, with the skills and knowledge they need, to grow up and move out of poverty. This takes them from a childhood full of challenges to a life with meaningful livelihood. set up by a team of professionals with competencies in Financial content, software development and database design using a variety of platforms, technologies and financial domain knowledge.
Customer Challenges :
- Magic Bus had hosted their Microsoft Dynamics Navision at the traditional data center. They were facing availability issue with their application hosting.
- The scalability of their application was one of their biggerst concern with traditional setup.
- Traditional backup architecture was not meeting their application availability expectations.
Cloud Protect Backup :
CloudProtect is a backup solution that transfers data to the public cloud storage and restores it in minutes. The program connects to a specified storage account and securely transfers backup files and folders to the cloud, serving as a transport between the end user’s and a remote storage facility.
Our approach to Magic Bus for enabling data backup on cloud includes the following activities:
- AWS S3 is used for data backup using online data transfer to cloud. Data is encrypted and compressed during transition.
- Standard Data retrieval plan allow to access any of archives within several hours. Standard retrievals typically complete within 3-5 hours.
- Configure cloud protect backup agent on customer system
- Create a File-Level Backup Plan
- Create a backup plan of drive level backup of files and folders
- Create a schedule for backups
- Encrypt the data both at rest and in transmit
- Configure retention policies
- Providing End to End 24 *7 backup support
Backup network level architecture :
Server details: power BI Server, MBIF-VM3,CRMPROD,database_ax
Operational Excellence :
Cloudxchange.io’s has own service desk web portal for managing the incidents, alerts, sending alerts to user. Cloudxchange.io’s will provide 24 X 7 help desk support (Phone, Email & web based) to customers. Cloudxchange.io’s help desk will support customers to address problems related to solution. The Service Desk application includes all direct interaction between a user and the service desk by phone or by Email-ID. It also includes all user activities that occur by use of the self-service Web portal.
- Incident management, users can raise tickets via email, self-service portal, phone, or in person as per ITIL standards
- SLA Management & Self-Service Portal
- Automation & Service Catalog
- 24*7 Customer Hotline support through chat, Mobile hotline and email
- Enabled Multi-level security – AES-256 encryption, password protection and SSL while transferring the data on AWS Cloud
- Enabled Amazon S3 server-side encryption to encrypt the data.
- To use keys that are managed by Amazon S3 for default encryption, choose AES-256. For more information about using Amazon S3 server-side encryption to encrypt your data, see Protecting Data with Amazon S3-Managed Encryption Keys in the Amazon Simple Storage Service Developer Guide.
- Durable data storage provided by Amazon S3, which is designed for 11 nines durability.
- Amazon S3 is created and stored across at least three devices in a single AWS region. Even when the following best practices, on-premises capabilities cannot match AWS durability due to our global scale and security.
Cost Optimization :
- Magic Bus will access the data infrequently, so proposed solution is designed in a way to optimize the cost. Data will move into glacier if customer required, since customer is fine with the retrievals process of 5 hours. So, it is a better choice with respect to cost saving
- Since migration of on-prem windows servers has been completed and migrated to AWS cloud, Elasticity play an important role in cost optimization.
- Based on customer requirement, we can easily scale up and down the servers with minimal downtime.
The Benefits :
Free-up IT resources. Improve efficiency by freeing up valuable financial and staff resources.
Reduced Capital Expenditures. no longer needs to acquire, enterprise backup software, or hardware system. This eliminates the burden of budgeting for capital equipment well in advance as well as the capital expense.
Availability of data for restoring on cloud– no need to locate or retrieve on physical server. During critical events such as on-premises data center outage, when many applications must be restored simultaneously and as soon as possible. None of these problems occur with Amazon S3. Data restores can begin immediately, within 5 hours.
Monitoring Services Features :
Server Monitoring :
- A quick summary on the status and performance of your server over the last seven days through our heat map analysis
- CPU/memory/disk utilization
- Services and processes
- Network statistics including bandwidth utilized by the server
- Processor queue length and uptime.
- Availability Summary Report
- Busy Hours Report
- Health Trend Report
- Performance Report
Why Amazon Web Service :
Magic Bus were interested in determining a better solution for migrating application and database models that can increase its accuracy and efficiency of their business over cloud and wants to adopt backup solution over cloud. Magic Bus engaged with cloudxchange.io, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner to evaluate the capabilities of application and database migration, and backup solution on AWS Cloud and leverage cloud benefits
Following services have been used in AWS cloud,
- Amazon S3
- Amazon IAM
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon EBS
- Amazon Lambda
- Amazon CloudWatch
About the Partner Cloudxchange.io :
Partner: Cloudxchange.io is an advance consulting partner in Amazon web service (AWS) Partner network (APN), focusing exclusively on AWS.
Cloudxchange.io would like to thank Magic Bus for providing an opportunity to submit Cloud Services backup proposal.
Our wide range of Cloud based offerings with comprehensive services and cost-effective approach will help you meet your technology and business objectives.
Cloudxchange.io’s Managed Services for public clouds delivers 24 x 7 monitoring and management services by experienced administrators who are experts in supporting public cloud environments. As an official technology partners with leading public cloud service providers, we provide the much-needed technical support complimenting the infrastructure and support provided by leading public cloud service providers.
With Cloudxchange.io’s Managed Services, you can rest assured knowing that your cloud infrastructure is fully managed and optimized for your business needs. Cloudxchange.io provides expert technical support with pay-as-you go managed services and improved ROI on your cloud investments