By : Cloudxchange.io
Use Case :
AWS Cloud Backup for customer critical application which is hosted on-premises.
About Accord Fintech :
Accord Fintech Pvt. Ltd. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, set up by a team of professionals with competencies in Financial content, software development and database design using a variety of platforms, technologies and financial do main knowledge. Accord Fintech are in process of setting up a strong product portfolio that will be known for reliability and become major strength of ACCORD for the years to come.
The Challenge :
- Accord Fintech wants to build a flexible and scalable backup infrastructure that protects data including image, object, file and folder data.
- Traditional backup architecture was not meeting their application availability expectations.
- Accord Fintech has the requirement of hybrid cloud backup.
- Currently, customer is taking backups for few machines on their on-premises environment on physical system.
- Customer wants to implement secondary backup on cloud, and data will be archive on AWS cloud with cost-optimized backup solution.
Why Amazon Web Service :
Accord Fintech adopt backup solution on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. They were interested in determining a better solution for data backup on cloud. Accord Fintech engaged with cloudxchange.io, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner to evaluate backup solution to manage huge set of on-premises backup to AWS Cloud and leverage cloud benefits.
Following services have been used in AWS cloud,
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Glacier
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon EBS
Cloudxchange.io’s Approach / Proposed Solution :
- Our approach to accord fintech for enabling data backup on cloud includes the following activities:
- Create a File-Level Backup Plan.
- Create a backup plan for drive level backup of files and folders.
- Create a schedule for backups.
- Encrypt the data in transit.
- Configure retention policies.
- Amazon S3 is used for data backup using online data transfer to cloud.
- Data in transit is compressed and encrypted.
- Set lifecycle policies to move the data from S3 Storage to Glacier after 1 day.
- Glacier will be used as data archival platform.
- In case the data need to be restored, the CloudProtect agent will search the S3 bucket for the data to be restored.
- Any additional data, not found in the S3 bucket, will be retrieved from the Glacier archive.
- Standard Data retrieval allows to access the archived data within a period of a few hours.
- Standard retrievals typically complete within 3-5 hours.
- Once the data is retrieved, the CloudProtect agent will restore the servers and their data on to EC2 instances hosted on the AWS Cloud.
- This allows to recover from server outage or failure within very short time.
- Provide End to End 24×7 backup support.
Network level architecture :
AWS Well Architected Pillers :
Cloudxchange.io’s has own service desk web portal for managing the incidents, alerts, sending alerts to user. Cloudxchange.io’s will provide 24 X 7 help desk support (Phone, Email & web based) to customers. Cloudxchange.io’s help desk will support customers to address problems related to solution. The Service Desk application includes all direct interaction between a user and the service desk by phone or by Email-ID. It also includes all user activities that occur by use of the self-service Web portal.
Functionality includes :
- Incident management, users can raise tickets via email, self-service portal, phone, or in person as per ITIL standards.
- SLA Management & Self-Service Portal.
- Automation & Service Catalog.
- 24*7 Customer Hotline support through chat, Mobile hotline and email.
- Enabled Multi-level security – AES-256 encryption, password protection and SSL while transferring the data on AWS Cloud
- Enabled Amazon S3 server-side encryption to encrypt the data
- Durable data storage provided by Amazon S3, which is designed for 11 nines durability.
- Glacier provides eleven 9’s durability for reliable data storage.
- Accord Fintech will access the data infrequently, so proposed solution is designed in a way to optimize the cost. Data will move into glacier, since customer is fine with the retrievals process of 5 hours. So, it is a better choice with respect to cost saving.
The Benefits :
Since adopting CloudProtect Backup, accord fintech staff has reduced the amount of time spent maintaining secondary backup infrastructure, while lowering the backup cost.
Elimination of complex and time-consuming capacity planning – With Amazon S3, simply pay for what they use, and are billed for their usage as they go.
Free-up IT resources – Improve efficiency by freeing up valuable financial and staff re sources.
Reduced Capital Expenditures – no longer needs to acquire, enterprise backup software, or hardware system. This eliminates the burden of budgeting for capital equipment well in advance as well as the capital expense.
Availability of data for restoring on cloud– no need to locate or retrieve on physical server. During critical events such as on-premises data center outage, when many applications must be restored simultaneously and as soon as possible. None of these problems occur with Amazon S3. Data restores can begin immediately, within hours.
About the Partner :
Cloudxchange.io’s is an advance consulting partner in Amazon web service (AWS) Partner network (APN), focusing exclusively on AWS.
Our wide range of Cloud based offerings with comprehensive services and cost-effective approach will help you meet your technology and business objectives.
Cloudxchange.io’s Managed Services for public clouds delivers 24×7 monitoring and management services by experienced administrators who are experts in supporting public cloud environments. As an official technology partners with leading public cloud service providers, we provide the much-needed technical support complimenting the infrastructure and support provided by leading public cloud service providers.
With Cloudxchange.io’s Managed Services, you can rest assured knowing that your cloud infrastructure is fully managed and optimized for your business needs. Cloudxchange.io provides expert technical support with pay-as-you go managed services and improved ROI on your cloud investments.