About the company
- Leading NBFC in business of giving credits to merchants.
- They offer the best products and services in the market. Their in-house technology platform is tailored to meet the unique requirements of their innovative loan products.
- They wanted to run entire IT setup on cloud including DR as customer didn’t wanted to create their own DC and manage the same.
Customer’s business requirements
- Across service provider DR with zero RPO.
- 15 minutes RPO backup for critical servers.
- Secure access from HO, Branches & remote users.
- Production systems wanted to run on stable, robust, user-friendly platform.
- Environment must be secured for operations financial institutions.
- Secure connection between on premise and the production environment.
- Disaster recovery on stable and secure platform geographically different locations.
- Backup solution
- ITIL based complete life cycle of technology
- Primary site hosted on Azure Chennai & DR on AWS Mumbai.
- DR configuration with near zero RPO & 30 Minutes RTO.
- Unified IP SEC VPN connectivity from offices & unified VPN access across Cloud service providers for roaming users.
- Dynamic scaling for application servers based on workload.
- Unified AD authentication for server infrastructure & users.
- Azure data center for running production environment.
- AWS data center for running Disaster recovery.
- Service desk as an ITIL based complete life cycle of technology for ticketing and alerting.
- Cloudxsupport as Cloud monitoring tool.
Following applications hosted on cloud
- Core lending ERP
- Online credit authorization system with integration with CIBIL.
- Online payment gateway with Yes bank integration.
- Active Directory
- Service desk tool
- Complete Development
- Azure is user-friendly cloud platform.
- Old production was running on Microsoft Windows platforms so moving to Azure was a smooth process been a same technology family.
- Enough secure to run financial institutions business process like multifactor authentication for accessing Prod and UAT environment, limited access to environment by allowing authorized IPs.
- Able to achieve secured connection between on premise and cloud platform with VPN. Very cost effective solution to run 24 x7 production system.
- Disaster recovery deployed on AWS. Successful connection between both cloud platforms for transfer of data to DR site without VPN.
- Deployed low cost and low resources on DR site to utilize DR very efficiently. Installed and configured the snapshot based backup solution.
- Ability to take snapshot with 15 min time interval to achieve business requirement of minimum RPO & RTO.
- Environment is made secure to face Ransomware attack.
- Maintain all records to achieve compliance.
- Service desk to log all the events and Cloudxsupport as a monitoring tool to get alerted by all events and to Act as and when required to address the incidents to resolutions.